John Rynkiewicz, CPA, CVA
Mr. Rynkiewicz received his Bachelor Science in Accounting in 1993 from Northeastern University and has completed several Masters Courses in corporate finance and management science at Rutgers University. He is licensed as a Certified Public Accountant in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Massachusetts. He received his certification as a valuation analyst (CVA) from the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts in 2002.
Mr. Rynkiewicz began his career at the legacy Boston, Massachusetts office of Coopers & Lybrand L.L.P. He has practiced for over ten years, concentrating on complex financial accounting and tax engagements for companies throughout the world. He is the former controller of a $20 million privately held company and has a thorough understanding of the workings of a closely held business.
Mr. Rynkiewicz has taught numerous courses to CPA's throughout the United States on various statistical tools and quantitative methods, including regression analysis, simulation and linear programming. He has worked on a variety of gaming and consulting projects including:
- Financial and strategic analysis of a share buyback for publicly traded gaming firm
- Option pricing analysis for consulting entity acquired by a publicly traded firm
- Labor studies and scheduling models for some of the largest casino operations in the world
- Valued minority interest of privately held riverboat gaming investment company
- Financial and market impact studies for various casinos
- Developed models to quantify the impact of new slot legislation in Pennsylvania and Maryland
- Valuation of gaming junket operator
- Analyzed feasibility of new transportation program for large casino
- Developed gravity models and market studies for various tribes contemplating hotel/casino expansion